12 Days~Enchanting Fairy Meadows-Naltar-Hunza
This is a trip designed especially for mountain lovers who want to embrace nature and see its different facets through light day treks. We will visit a high mountain meadow and two valleys famed for their beauty. Hop into a jeep and let us venture into lush green lands surrounded by snow capped mountains at the roof of the world.
Our journey begins in Islamabad, the capital city of Pakistan. We will visit Faisal mosque, one of the largest mosques in Pakistan, and the Islamabad Monument, on the hills with breathtaking views overlooking the city.
We embark on our bus journey up the renowned Karakoram Highway, along the deep gorge carved out by the Indus River. We will rest for the night at Chillas. Start experiencing the change in altitude and atmosphere, as life slows down into the mountain pace.
After leaving Chillas, we will proceed to Raikot Bridge, where we change to 4×4 jeeps to drive along the 4WD road to reach Raikot village. From here we will begin our 3 hour hike up to the renowned Fairy Meadows Base Camp, where we will take lunch and settle into our lodges.
From the magical Fairy Meadows, we rise early to start our day trek to the first Nanga Parbat Base Camp. We will enjoy the stunning views of the Killer Mountain, and soak in one of the most scenic trek routes of the North. We will return back to our lodges for the night.
We retrace our steps back to Raikot village and drive back to Raikot Bridge to rejoin the KKH. Then we change back to our bus to reach the beautiful Naltar Valley for the evening.
We rise early for our day hike through Naltar Valley to the verdant Naltar Lakes, known for their trout fish and green algae. We will spend the night back at Naltar.
We will drive on toward the fabled Hunza Valley, and arrive at Karimabad to visit the magnificent 8th century Baltit Fort. Stroll through the bazaars of Karimabad to sample the handicrafts, gems, and dried fruits. Night stay at Karimabad, the royal seat of Central Hunza.
In the morning, we drive Hopper Valley to view the Hopper Glacier. From here, you can see the Golden Peak, or Spantik Peak, known for its grandeur and difficult climbing route. Then we drive back to Altit Village to visit 11th century Altit Fort and explore the surrounding old settlement. Then, we will go up to the Duikar viewpoint in the afternoon to experience the sun setting over the entire valley and snowy peaks including Ladyfinger and Ultar Peak.
We drive to Attabad Lake via the Haldeikish Sacred Rocks. Enjoy the chilly blue waters, which changes color depending on the sunlight, on a boating trip on Attabad Lake. Then, dare yourself to walk over the hair-raising Hussaini Suspension Bridge, before we drive on to Borith Lake. From this groundwater lake, we will hike toward the Passu Glacier, enjoying the splendid views of the Passu Cones. We will stay the night at Gulmit or Passu.
After a relaxing morning roaming the Passu suspension bridge over at the wide Hunza River, we will drive back to Karimabad via Ganesh, the oldest settlement of Hunza. You will have time to buy souvenirs from Karimabad in the evening before we leave the mountains.
We hit the KKH for our return back to the plains. We can stay the night at Besham/Naran or take the bus directly back to Islamabad (18 hours).
Day 12 Excursion of Islamabd before airport and fly home
Tour at a Glance
Day-01: welcome in Islamabad and check in to Hotel and overnight stay
Day-02: Drive up KKH to Chilas (Approx 10 hours) and make over night stay
Day-03: 45 minutes 4×4 jeep drive and 2-3 hours trek to Fairymeadows basecamp overnight in huts
Day-04: Trek to Bayal camp (nanga parbat base camp) all day excursion and back to huts for overnight
Day-05: Trek back to last village and jeep drive to Raikot bridge and 3.5 hours drive to Naltar valley. Overnight in Naltar
Day-06: Jeep 4×4 drive to Naltar lake through juniper trees and drive to Aliabad/Karimabad by evening
Day-07: Rest half day explore Tourist Street in Karimabad and visit Baltit fort
Day-08: Excursion of Hopper valley, Hopper Glacier, Altit fort and Duiker view point, Attabad lake
Day-09: Hike dawn to Passu suspension bridge, Passu cones, Passu glacier view and Borith lake arrive Aliabad/Karimabad by evening
Day-10: Drive to Besham or Naran (5_7hours) overnight stay
Day-11: Drive to Islamabad 7 hours
Day-12: Excursion of Islamabd before airport and fly home
- We will provide clean drinking water throughout the trip. However, to conserve the environment, we will not provide plastic water bottles, so please bring your own water flask.
- Road conditions vary in this part of the mountains. This may result in longer travel times. In case of unavoidable road blockage that prevents travel, we will be responsible for managing your lodging and food during this extra time. However, you will need to cover the expenses for the extra days.
- Weather conditions vary in the mountains, be prepared with layers of short and long sleeve tops and trousers
- Seasonal fruits: mulberries and cherries are ripe mid-June to July; apricots are ripe end-July; apples are ripe in August
- 2-12 persons per group (can be multiple groups), costs will vary depending on the number of person per transport, dates, and exchange rates. We arrange tours at differing rates for premium and mid-range services. Please contact us directly for the quote and discuss possible tour dates (see cost below for groups of 7-16 people).
- We can customize and combine itineraries according to your interests, please contact us to discuss feasibility.
- Operating season: 1st June to 31st August
- After signing up, booking will be complete with payment of 50% advance fee, to be paid 30 days before start of trip.
Cost [for groups of 7-16 person]
[$1550 USD/per person]
- All road transportation by mini-bus
- All night stays in hotels (will have wifi, hot water from tap, plush rooms, room service, restaurants in hotel), 2 persons per room (additional charges if you want to stay in your own room)
- Professional tour guide accompanying throughout your trip
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, drinking water, fresh local fruits depending on season
- Shared tent, sleeping bag, food for camping
- Tickets to historical monuments listed in the itinerary
- Option of flight from Islamabad to Gilgit instead of by road (additional charges apply, flight is subject to weather conditions)
Does not include:
- Travel insurance
- Visa to Pakistan (we will help provide supporting documents)
- Tips for guides
- For cancellations 15 days or more prior to start of trip, you will be refunded half of the advance payment.
- No refunds if you cancel within 2 weeks of tour start date.