Colours Of The North
The Northern areas of Pakistan is home to spectacular mountains, and every season has its own charm. To best experience the multi-coloured beauty of nature, we have designed trips to showcase the best of the spring and autumn seasons. Spring is the season for cherry, almond, and apricot blossoms, which light up the valleys with fantastic clouds of white and pink. Autumn brings out the earthy tones of orange, yellow, and red as the leaves of all the fruit and wild trees turn colour, changing the mountains into a wonderful rainbow tapestry.
The Spring Blossoms trip operates during March-May, and the Autumn Leaves trip operates between late September-late November. We will be visiting cultural heritage sites in Skardu and Hunza, which will be painted by the exquisite colours of each season.
Schedule at a glance:
Day-01: welcome in Islamabad and check in to Hotel and overnight stay
Day-02: Fly to Skardu and transfer to tourist van for Shigar valley. Overnight in Shigar
Day-03: Excursion of Shigar view point, cold desert, visit Shigar fort and drive to Khaplu. Overnight in Khaplu palace
Day-04: Excursion of Khaplu valley, drive to Skardu town and explore Satpara lake
Day-05: Hike to Kharpocho fort and drive to Hunza reach Aliabad/Karimabad by evening
Day-06: Rest half day and walk through tourist street and visit Baltit fort and valley view from Karimabad
Day-07: 40 minutes drive to Hopper valley, Hopper glacier,Altit fort and Duiker view point
Day-08: 30 minutes drive to Attabad lake, Hussaini suspension bridge,Gulmit village,Passu cones and Passu glacier back to Aliabad?Karimabad for overnight in hotel
Day-09: 2 hours drive to Gilgit and fly Islamabad(flights dependant on weather conditions) or Drive to Besham or Naran.
Day-10: Drive to Islamabad, Overnight in hotel.
Day-11: Transfer to airport and fly home.
- We will provide clean drinking water throughout the trip. However, to conserve the environment, we will not provide plastic water bottles, so please bring your own water flask.
- Road conditions vary in this part of the mountains. This may result in longer travel times. In case of unavoidable road blockage that prevents travel, we will be responsible for managing your lodging and food during this extra time. However, you will need to cover the expenses for the extra days.
- Weather conditions vary in the mountains, be prepared with layers of short and long sleeve tops and trousers
- Seasonal fruits: mulberries and cherries are ripe mid-June to July; apricots are ripe end-July; apples are ripe in August
- We can arrange trips for 2-14 persons per group (can be multiple groups), costs will vary depending on the number of person per transport, dates, and exchange rates. Please contact us directly for the price quote and discuss possible tour dates (see cost below for groups of 6 people).
- We can customize and combine itineraries according to your interests, please contact us to discuss feasibility.
- Operating season: late march to late november
- After signing up, booking will be complete with payment of 50% advance fee, to be paid 30 days before start of trip.
Cost [for groups of 6 person]
[$1450 USD/per person]
- All road transportation by mini-bus/car
- All night stays in 3 star hotels (will have wifi, hot water from tap, plush rooms, room service, restaurants in hotel), 2 persons per room (if you want to stay in your own room, additional charges will be charged)
- Professional tour guide accompanying throughout your trip
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, drinking water, fresh local fruits depending on season
- Tickets to historical monuments in the tour
Does not include:
- Travel insurance
- Visa to Pakistan (we will help provide supporting documents)
- Tips for guides